The Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK and COVID-19
The latest Covid19 Roadmap releases lockdown measures in England in four key steps shown opposite (click the roadmap to open an enlarged version). The Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK is complying with all necessary limitations within the roadmap, and the key points of note are as follows:
- We will soon reach Step 2 which continues to require us to minimise travel and maintain a rule of 6 people or two households meeting outdoors - there is no household mixing indoors
- In Step 2 (until at least 17 May) there can be no Section meetings or gatherings of AROC members
- From Step 3 (no earlier than 17 May) we aim to safely trial Section meetings outdoors whilst maintaining social distancing
- Organised events are possible from 17 May at the Board's discretion and only at a site where strict hygiene and social distancing may be maintained.
- From Step 4 (no earlier than 21 June) Section meetings can proceed subject to any social distancing or other Government restrictions applied to gatherings or the event locations. Larger events can proceed at the Board's discretion and are likely to continue to follow hygiene and social distancing measures.
The Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK is instructing all our members and our Area Sections and Registers that at the current time there can be no meetings, social gatherings, road runs or convoy groups until 17 May (Step 3) at the earliest. We should minimise travel to protect the vulnerable.
Note that there are variations across England, Scotland and Wales. We are aligning to the England guidelines for simplicity. Links to the guidance for each Nation as follows:
England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Éire