Posted in Industry News
Submitted by Nick Wright on Thu, 01/07/2021 - 14:14
- New Giulia GTA and GTAm to make official UK debut at 2021 Festival of Speed
- GTAm to take on the infamous Goodwood hill climb
- Uprated 2.9-litre engine powers the car from zero to 62mph in just 3.6 seconds
- Sauber Engineering expertise used in the development of the GTA and GTAm
- The new Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm will make their first official UK appearance at the 2021 Goodwood Festival of Speed, taking place from 8 - 11 July.
In the 111th year of Alfa Romeo, the legendary GTA will once again be taking centre stage as it makes its UK debut in the First Glance paddock, before firing up its engine to take on the infamous 1.16 mile hill climb. Fans will be able to see, hear, smell and get up close to the car that resurrected the iconic GTA name, in a way that can only be done at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Born in 1965, GTA is an acronym for Gran Turismo Alleggerita which means ‘lightened gran turismo’. Taking inspiration from its namesake, the new Giulia GTA is equipped with an enhanced version of the aluminium 2.9-litre V6 Bi-Turbo engine with 540hp, featured in the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Together with extensive use of lightweight materials and enhanced aerodynamics, developed in collaboration with Sauber Engineering, the GTA has a best in class power-to-weight ratio and handling to match.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm are available to order now, priced from €175,281 and €180,281 respectively. For further information on the Giulia GTA visit www.alfaromeo.co.uk/models/new-giulia-gta. For more information on the Goodwood Festival of Speed visit www.goodwood.com/motorsport/festival-of-speed.